Why did I redo my portfolio
I created my first portfolio in 2016, second in 2017. Compare to the first one, the second (profungi.github.io) used a creative template with a bunch of nice photo filters. It has a better look and feel but 2 fetal problems:
- Belt shape presentation is not the best choice for portfolio.
If people lose interest at the beginning, they won’t have patience to see the following artwork; as I am keep working on projects, the site will be like Snake, which is unfriendly for searching.
- Design style inconsistency.
I moved the site and changed the interface, but I kept the project detail page on the old site. The two sites have completely different design style, which will confuse visitors.
As I am planning to add my projects, switching to a new platform to start over was the best choice.
3rd Site update memo
2018.3 – Create child site
create site structure
added animation effect
4th Site update memo
The 3rd version is a sub-site, and the domain I bought could not point to the WordPress sub-site. So I built the 4th version of my portfolio.
4.13 – built the template, defined pages
4.18 – 20 – built the whole site
4.21 – added masonry on the home page
4.24 – the site is done
4.24 – fixed hover effect for mobile users (the order of <a>, overlay and the picture)
5.2 -.8 – added new project – fitness site
5.15 – added personal timeline and skill board; updated about page image; updated contact me page
5.21 – created child theme and updated the theme because the masonry stop working
5.25 – updated cover image
6.2 – added google analytics
6.6 – remove local visiting from analytics
6.6 – fixed some responsive problem
- right column disappear when the screen is smaller
- add social icons below the self description
6.6 – found that the cinema project cover is too gray to attract click; designed a new cover image
6.6 – added more photos in the other creative work section